Commuting from Coventry, CT
- Why did you choose to live off-campus?
I chose to live off-campus because my parents moved overseas, so I care for their house and live in it while they’re away. Living at home also saves on expenses and it’s convenient for me.
- In what way are you involved with the UConn community even though you live off-campus?
I stay involved on campus by frequently going to athletic games, eating meals, and studying with friends.
- How has living off-campus made you grow as an individual?
Living off-campus has made me more mature. You have to take care of your own living space, cook your own meals, and overall assume a lot more responsibility.
- What is one thing you love about being a commuter student?
I love the freedom I have of living alone off-campus.
- If you could give any advice to a freshman commuter student, what would it be?
My advice to a freshman commuter student is to get to the parking lots early because they fill up a lot quicker than imagined.
- Where is your favorite place to be on campus?
My favorite place on campus is the Commuter Lounge, which is Room 108 in the Student Union.
- What are your plans/goals for the future?
My plan for the future is receive a degree in Actuarial Sciences and begin my career.