The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year, but especially at the University of Connecticut where students are in the holiday spirit for many reasons. Here’s why!
- Campus is turned into a wonderland. The campus community does a great job to make sure UConn looks stunning with bright lights on all of the trees and cheery decorations everywhere. It makes you want to be on campus more than you already are. If you are a commuter student, now is when you should take advantage of the time you have to spend on campus because of the spectacular views, especially when the sun goes down.
- The first snowfall! There’s nothing like walking outside and seeing white flurries fall. It’s hard not to snap a picture and be thankful for an occasional snow covered UConn campus. However, with snow comes safety! While commuting back and forth to school while it snows, be sure to use extreme caution on all roadways.
- Winter break is approaching faster then we anticipated. Where did the semester go? We are all on the edge of our seats waiting for finals week to be over so we can enjoy a nice long break free from classes. Everyone’s energy levels are at an all time high on campus and you can feel the excitement in the air.
- There are tons of fun holiday-themed events on campus, so take advantage of what UConn has to offer! There will be a Christmas Bazaar at Storrs Congregational Church where you can pick up gifts for others, get holiday decorations, and enjoy a bake sale on December 3rd from 9am-2am . In addition, there are events to help those in need like the LASO Christmas Toy Drive from November 29th until December 13th in SSW Room 209 where you can donate money to help children enjoy their holiday season. It is important to recognize that Christmas is not the only holiday celebrated by the UConn community, so check out this resource published by Education World featuring the multiple different holidays celebrated during the month of December: http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/lesson/lesson246.shtml
- Celebrate with us! The Off-Campus Student Services Annual Pasta Dinner and Food Drive is on Monday December 12th from 6pm-8pm in the Student Union Room 304, where a canned food item is required to enjoy a free pasta dinner for a great cause.
The holidays are a time to reflect on being thankful and appreciative of all you have in your life, and to give thanks to individuals that bring you joy and happiness. Have a great rest of the semester Huskies and a great Holiday Season with family and friends!
Article Picture: https://www.google.com/search?q=uconn+christmas&biw=1440&bih=805&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitrJD-itPQAhUFLSYKHb2nAVYQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=pET3ScJxZaT12M%3A
Off-Campus Student Service