If you commute to campus, it’s easy to fall into the routine of packing your things up and heading home after you’re done with class for the day. However, a successful college experience is more than just attending classes and getting good grades. You should make the most out of your four years at UConn and get involved in all that the Storrs campus has to offer!
- Join a club! With over 600 student organizations on campus, it is absolutely guaranteed that at least one will spark your interest. Whether it’s a group that relates to your major, such as Marketing Society or Chemistry Club, or one that speaks to your personal interests like the Skydiving Club or the Forestry & Wildlife Club, you will find your own unique fit. You can find information about all of the student clubs and organizations at https://uconntact.uconn.edu/organizations.
- Attend sports games! The Husky Pride here at UConn is indescribable. Students will wait in line for hours to get the best seats at any given basketball game. With the UConn Women’s team holding an impressive 11 NCAA Championship Titles and the UConn Men’s team possessing 4 of their own, it’s easy to see why students are so excited when it comes to athletic events. For a schedule of all upcoming athletic events, check out http://www.uconnhuskies.com/index-main.html.
- Get a job on campus! Not only is working on campus a great way to earn extra spending money or get a head start on paying off student loans, it also provides the necessary experience for the workforce after graduation. Visit JobX for all current job opportunities on campus. https://uconn.studentemployment.ngwebsolutions.com/.
- Study on campus! Staying on campus to complete your assignments really boosts your productivity! The UConn campus offers countless resources to help you with any questions that may arise while studying. Homer Babbidge Library is an awesome place to study because it has 4 large floors, each with its own level of quietness. The library also contains academic resources such as the Q Center, the W Center, and HuskyTech. You can learn more about these resources on their websites: http://qcenter.uconn.edu/, http://writingcenter.uconn.edu/, http://helpcenter.uconn.edu/.
- Attend campus events! UConn offers frequent campus-wide events such as lectures, musical performances, comedy shows, movie screenings, and more! Most of these events are free for students or offered at an extreme discount to what they would be offered for anywhere else. The calendar of upcoming campus events can be found at http://helpcenter.uconn.edu/.
By being an active participant in the UConn community, you will receive so much more than just a degree after your time here as a student. You will make lasting connections and unforgettable memories that will help you succeed in every aspect of your postgraduate life!
Off-Campus Student Services